Instagram users might find some difficulties and problems while using the app. And one such common issue faced by Instagram users is they are unable to message their friends and followers on Instagram. And if you’re one of them then you might be wondering “Why can’t I reply to messages on Instagram”.
You don’t need to sweat about it as we got you covered here. Just read the following article properly. And follow the guide given below you will definitely be able to solve your issue easily. Here in this article, we will be going to tell you how you can easily fix the “Why can’t I reply to messages on Instagram” issue easily.
Instagram is one of the best and most popular social media applications around the world. You can’t find a person who is unaware of Instagram or doesn’t have an account on it. But with such massive growth the app casually faces server outages or bugs. Won’t be able to message someone or reply to a certain message is one of the glitches that Instagram users are facing lately. So if you’re one of the Insta users with the same issue then read the following article.
But before moving to the same topic and starting to discuss the fixes to the problem. Let us first talk more about the issue and the causes of the issue below.
Table of Contents
What Exactly is the “I Can’t Reply to Specific Message on Instagram” issue?
Recently with the new update, Instagram bought a new feature where users are able to reply to certain messages of a user. Just like WhatsApp where you can press and hold a particular message and then reply to that message separately.
Instagram introduced the same feature but many users reported that they’re not able to use it. They also reported that they can use the feature previously but now they can’t access it. Well, the problem isn’t always from your side sometimes it can be due to the Instagram server’s outage. But it is very important to identify the cause and solve it as soon as possible.
What Causes the “Can’t Reply to Messages on Instagram” Issue?
There can be many different reasons which cause this issue on Instagram. Below we listed some of the most common causes reported by Instagram users.
- Your Internet connection is unstable or weak.
- Your Instagram is outdated.
- Your Instagram app has corrupted caches.
- Instagram Servers are down.
- Instagram hasn’t introduced the feature in your region.
How to Fix the “I Can’t Reply to Messages on Instagram” Issue?
Now that we know about the issue and the causes of it. Now it’s time to talk about how to fix it. So if you’re also looking for the same guide then read the fixes below and follow them to solve your issue.
Fix #1. Check if your Internet Connection is Stable
Most of the time people with a slow and unstable internet connection face such issues on Instagram. So it is always best to check out if this is the case with you. So before moving to any other fixes, it is best to check out if this is the case with you.
To check out your internet just go to your Web browser and search for Internet speed test. Then open any search result or just click on the button appearing on your screen indicating “Run Speed Test”. Now an internet speed test will conduct and you will get to know your internet speed and the stability of your internet connection. Check if your connection is stable and if not then change it to some other mobile data or WiFi.
Fix #2. Update your Instagram Application
An outdated app might cause minor glitches and issues like this on Instagram. So it is best to always keep your app updated so that you don’t face any such glitches on the app. To update your Instagram app follow the steps below:
- Open the Play Store/App Store on your Mobile.
- In the search bar type “Instagram”.
- Now check if the app is showing the update option or not.
- If it is showing the update button next to the app name then click on it to update the application.
Fix #3. Clear Instagram Cache Data
Sometimes the app shows errors and glitches due to the corrupted cache data stores in the memory. And to fix that you need to clear the cache data of the app from your device.
Follow the steps below to clear Instagram app Cache files:
- Go to your Phone’s Settings option.
- Find the option Apps and click on it.
- Now from the apps list find Instagram and then click on the Storage option.
- Select the option “Clear Cache”.
After clearing the cache data of the Instagram app reopen the application and check if now you can reply to texts on Instagram or not. And if not then move to the next fix below.
Fix #4. Check if Instagram Servers are Working Properly
Another thing that might cause such an issue on your Instagram app is the server outage. So it is best to check out if this is the cause behind the problem. Because if it is then there isn’t anything that you can do other than wait for the servers to resume services and the app to start working again.
To check out if the Instagram servers are working just go to the Downdetector and search for Instagram. You will get to know the Instagram App outage in the last 24 hours. If servers are working properly then move to the next fix below.
Fix #5. Replying to Certain Texts Feature isn’t introduced in your Region
Another possible reason that might cause the “Can’t reply to messages on Instagram” issue is that Instagram still hasn’t introduced the feature yet in your region. And if this is the reason then you cannot do anything to fix it.
All you can do is just wait for Instagram to roll out the feature in your location or region. As we all know that Instagram releases its new features slowly in some regions. So you need to first check if the feature is available in your region or not. And if it isn’t then wait for Instagram to release it.
Fix #6. Reinstall Instagram App to fix Can’t reply to messages on the Instagram issue
Sometimes the app got corrupted data that can’t be deleted even after cleaning the cache data. And in that case, you need to uninstall the app and reinstall it on your device. By uninstalling you will delete all the files and data of the app from your device.
After uninstalling the app moves to the Play Store/App Store and search for Instagram. Then click on the “Install” button next to the Instagram app. The app will be installed on your device again.
Fix #7. Contact Instagram Support
If none of the above fixes work for you then you might need to ask Instagram customer support for help. Instagram support is always ready to help its users to fix issues and glitches they are facing with the app.
You can report your problem to Instagram support through the Instagram app. And wait for them to help you through a guide or resolution. To contact Instagram support through the Instagram app follow the guide below:
- Open the Instagram Application on your device.
- Go to the profile section by tapping on your profile icon from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three lines icon from the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- From the pop-up menu select the first option i.e. “Settings”.
- In the settings tap on the Help option above the About option.
- Select the option Report a Problem.
- Again select the option Report a Problem
- Now describe your problem as you want or you can just copy & paste the sentence “I am unable to reply to messages on Instagram. I can’t send replies to certain texts I tried my best to fix the problem on my own but can’t fix it. Please look into the problem and try to solve it as soon as possible, Thank you”.
After submitting your problem to Instagram support wait for further instructions from Instagram. They will surely look into the matter and update you as soon as possible.
In the above article, we discuss how to Fix the “I Can’t reply to messages on Instagram” Issue. But in case you still have some doubts and want our further guidance then feel free to contact us anytime. We will try to reach out and help you as soon as possible.
- Easy Guide on How to Reverse Audio on Instagram
- Easy Ways to Fix “You aren’t eligible to use the paid partnership label”
- Easy Ways to Fix “Audio not working in Instagram Reels and Stories” Issue
- Easy Way to Fix “I can’t Collaborate on Instagram” Problem
- Easy Ways to Fix Instagram Filter Not Working Problem