If you’re an Instagram user then you surely know about the errors that users face on it daily. Instagram has become such a big social media platform with millions of user base that there is no count of the errors that appear on the platform. And one such annoying and frustrating common error is the “Instagram CSRF token mission or incorrect” error.
This error mostly appears on the user’s screen when they try to log in to their Instagram account on App or Desktop. CSRF stands for Cross-Site Request Forgery which prevents unauthorized actions on a user’s account. This measure has been implemented by many sites across the internet and Instagram is one of those.
So in case you’re also facing the same error and don’t have any idea about how to fix it. Then you’re at the right stop here in this article we will be going to tell you how you can easily fix the “Instagram CSRF token missing or incorrect” error.
But before moving to the main topic and start discussing the fixes let us first talk about what exactly this error message means and what causes this error on Instagram.
Table of Contents
What is Instagram CSRF Token Missing or Incorrect Error?
CSRF, short for Cross-Site Request Forgery, is a form of attack commonly known as an “on-click” attack or session riding. This type of attack operates by deceiving a website’s authorized user into unknowingly sending a URL and request to the website.
Since the website assumes that its users are trustworthy, it proceeds to execute their requests. Essentially, the attacker’s objective is to lure the website’s users into clicking on a link that will trigger a request to be sent from their accounts to the website’s server.
In this category of attack, if a user were to click on the link provided by the attacker, it grants the attacker permission to carry out any form of misuse. As an illustration, an attacker could modify a user’s password or transfer funds without their consent.
So in short Instagram shows the CSRF error on their webpage while you try to log in to your account. To safeguard your account from such attacks and to keep your data safe. But still, it may be problematic for you in such a case, read the below section and follow the fixes we stated below.
What Causes the “Instagram CSRF Token Missing or Incorrect” Error?
Now we know what exactly the error means but the problem is what causes this error and how to prevent it. Below are some of the basic and most common reasons that cause the CSRF token error on Instagram:
- Corrupted Web Cache and Cookies.
- Unstable Internet.
- Usage of the Proxy Server.
- Instagram Server is down.
- You’re using Outdated Application or Operating System.
How to Fix the “Instagram CSRF Token Missing or Incorrect” Error?
There are certain ways you can follow to fix up this annoying issue. Here we will only be going to state the best fixes you can try to fix it up.
Fix #1. Delete the Cache and Cookies of the Browser
The first fix you need to try out is to delete the Cache and Cookies of your browser. To do so follow the steps below:
- Open the browser you’re using like Chrome, Mozilla, etc.
- Go to the browser settings by clicking on the three dots from the upper-right side of the screen.
- Now search for clearing cache data or find the option to clear the cache and cookies of the browser.
- Select the clear Cache and Cookies and then click on the “Clear Data” button.
- At last, restart your browser and log in to your Instagram account and see if the error is fixed or not.
Fix #2. Check your Internet Connection
The next thing you need to make sure of is that you’re using a stable internet connection. An unstable or slow connection might lead to minor errors and bugs on many websites and applications.
To check if your connection is secure and fast go to your search console and search for Internet speed test. Then click on the Run speed test button now an internet speed test will be conducted and the speed of your internet will display on your screen.
If your connection is unstable or slow then we recommend you change to another connection. After changing your internet connection again visit the Instagram log-in page and try login into your account and see if the error is fixed or not.
Fix #3. Disable Proxy Server to fix the Instagram CSRF Token Missing or Incorrect Error
You might be using the Proxy server which can be the reason why you’re facing the CSRF token missing or incorrect error. So it is recommended to try disabling the proxy server and then log in to your Instagram account. To disable the Proxy server on your device follow the steps below:
- Go to your device’s Internet and Network settings by searching for them or by right-clicking the network icon from the right side of the taskbar.
- After reaching the settings page look for the “Disable Proxy Server” option and select it.
- After disabling the proxy server try to log in to your Instagram account again. And see if the error is fixed or not.
Fix #4. Open Instagram in Incognito Mode
You can also try opening the Instagram link in Incognito mode. This is one of the easiest fixes and it works for many users. So it is worth trying all you need to do is click on the three dots at the top-right corner of the browser screen.
Then select the New Incognito Window option. You can also press the “Crl+Shift+N” key and it will open the incognito window. Now in private mode try to log in to your Instagram account and check if the error is fixed.
Fix #5. Check if Instagram Server is down
The problem might also occur due to the downing of the Instagram servers so we recommend you also check it out. To check if the Instagram servers are working properly visit the down detector site and search for Instagram. You will get to know the Instagram outage in the last 24 hours. If servers are working properly then move to the next fix below.
Fix #6. Update Application/Operating System
There is a high chance that the problem is occurring due to an outdated application or Operating system. And to fix it you must update them or the error message will not get fixed. If your Instagram application is outdated then you can update it by visiting the Play Store/App Store. And if your Operating system is outdated then you need to update it from the software update option in the settings.
Fix #7. Contact Instagram Support
If none of the fixes work for you then the problem might lie from Instagram’s side and you cannot do anything about it. But you can update Instagram on your problem so that they can fix it. For that, you need to report your problem to Instagram customer support. To report your problem to Instagram follow the steps below:
- Open the Instagram Application on your device.
- Go to the profile section by tapping on your profile icon from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three lines icon from the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- From the pop-up menu select the first option i.e. “Settings”.
- In the settings tap on the Help option above the About option.
- Select the option Report a Problem.
- Again select the option Report a Problem.
- Now describe your problem as you want or you can just copy & paste the sentence “I am unable to log in to my Instagram account. Whenever I try to Log in I get the “CSRF Token Missing or incorrect” Error. Please look into the problem and try to solve it as soon as possible, Thank you”.
After submitting your problem to Instagram support wait for further instructions from Instagram. They will surely look into the matter and update you as soon as possible.
In the above article, we discuss some easy and quick fixes to solve the “Instagram CSRF Token Missing or Incorrect” Error. But in case you still can’t fix your problem and want our further guidance then feel free to contact us anytime. We will try to reach out and help you as soon as possible.
- Easy Guide on How to Reverse Audio on Instagram
- Easy Ways to Fix “You aren’t eligible to use the paid partnership label”
- Easy Ways to Fix “Audio not working in Instagram Reels and Stories” Issue
- Easy Way to Fix “I can’t Collaborate on Instagram” Problem
- Easy Ways to Fix Instagram Filter Not Working Problem