Are you an Instagram user who is trying to post a story with lyrical music on it? But cannot do so and get an error message saying “Instagram Music Not Available in Your Region”? If yes, then you’re not alone there are thousands of users like you who are facing the same issue and don’t know how to fix it.
If you’re one of those and want to know a fix for this error issue. Then you’re at the right stop here in this article we will be going to tell you how you can easily fix the error message “Instagram Music Not Available in your Region” on Instagram story.
So now without any further delay let us start the article and discuss how to fix the error issue easily. But before moving to the main topic and discussing the fix. Let us first discuss what is the Instagram Music feature and why you’re facing an error while trying it out.
Table of Contents
What is the “Instagram Music Feature” on Instagram?
Instagram developers try to make their user experience better. And for that, they roll out new features on a regular basis with their updates. Instagram Music Feature is one of the features that attract many users to use the app and post more photos and videos on their stories.
Instagram music is a feature that allows you to supplement your picture or video stories with songs and their lyrics. Nowadays almost every Instagram user puts their stories with background music using this feature. Not only Music, users can also play the text lyrics of the music on the stories.
Why are you facing the “Instagram Music Not Available in your Region” Error?
You can see the cause of the error in the error message itself. You’re facing this error message because the Instagram music feature is yet to be released in your country or region. As we all know Instagram is one of the biggest social media applications in the world.
And to bring a new update to all users and to every region at once is really difficult even for Instagram. So Instagram rolls out its updates region-wise like they do not make the feature work in some regions. They make the feature available one by one in regions and countries to check out the response and working of it.
How to Fix the “Instagram Music Not Available in Your Region”?
If the feature isn’t available in your region then you have to move to another region. Don’t worry you don’t have to shift or go to some other country just to use the feature. Other than that you have to use a VPN to do so.
If you do not know about VPNs then a long summary in short. VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It’s a technology that creates a safe and encrypted connection over a less secure network, such as the Internet. VPN can be also used to connect your internet to other regions. You can connect your internet to US servers now the sites and apps will treat you as a US citizen and show results according to it.
Follow the step-by-step guide below to Fix the “Instagram Music Not Available in Your Region” Error:
- First of all, you have to uninstall the Instagram app from your device.
- If you do not remember your Login Information then change the password and then Uninstall the app.
- After Uninstalling the Instagram app go to your device’s Play Store/App Store.
- In the search bar search for Free VPN app. You will get a list of VPN apps choose any one that is free to use.
- Download and Install the VPN app and open it.
- Now select the country in which the Instagram Music feature is available like USA, UK, etc.
- Again go to the Play Store/App Store and download the Instagram app again.
- Log in to your Instagram account while connected to the VPN.
- Now try posting a story with the Instagram Music feature. Now you will see that you won’t get any error message saying “Instagram Music not Available in your Region.”
That’s it after connecting to the VPN you will be able to successfully post a story with the Instagram Music feature. Once you’re connected with the VPN you will also be able to listen to other people Instagram’s stories with the Music feature.
How to Fix the “Instagram Music is Available but can’t use it”?
If you’re from a country or a region where Instagram music is available but you still can’t use it. Then read this section and follow the fixes we’ve given below to solve your issue easily.
Fix #1. Update Instagram Application
There are high chance that you’re still using an outdated app due to which you can’t see or use the Instagram Music feature. So it is best to always keep your app updated to enjoy the latest features of the app. To update your Instagram app follow the steps below:
- Open the Play Store/App Store on your Mobile.
- In the search bar type “Instagram”.
- Now check if the app is showing the update option or not.
- If it is showing the update button next to the app name then click on it to update the application.
Fix #2. Relogin to your Instagram account
If your Instagram app is already updated then you can try out Re-login to your account. Sometimes corrupted cache data prevents you from using the new features of the app. To solve that you need to log out of your account and sign in again.
Fix #3. Clear the Instagram Cache Data
You can also try clearing the cache data of the Instagram app to fix the “Music not available in your region” error. To delete the cache data of the Instagram app follow the steps given below:
- Go to your Phone’s Settings option.
- Find the option Apps and click on it.
- Now from the apps list find Instagram and then click on the Storage option.
- Select the option “Clear Cache”.
Fix #4. Reinstall the Instagram Application
You can also try reinstalling the app to fix the issue. Many users reported that simply reinstalling the app fixed their problem. So it is best and worth trying. To reinstall Instagram follow the steps given below:
- First, go to your device’s app drawer and long-press the Instagram app icon.
- Now select “Uninstall” to delete it from your device.
- Once the app is deleted go to your device’s Play Store/App Store.
- In the search bar search for “Instagram”.
- Now from the apps list download and install the Instagram app.
- Once the app is installed login to your Instagram account and try posting a story with Instagram Music Feature.
If the issue is still not fixed after reinstalling the app then move to the next fix below.
Fix #5. Report your Problem to Instagram Support
If none of the above fixes work for you then you might need to ask Instagram customer support for help. Instagram support is always ready to help its users fix issues and glitches they are facing with the app.
You can report your problem to Instagram support through the Instagram app. And wait for them to help you through a guide or resolution. To contact Instagram support through the Instagram app follow the guide below:
- Open the Instagram Application on your device.
- Go to the profile section by tapping on your profile icon from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three-line icon from the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- From the pop-up menu select the first option i.e. “Settings”.
- In the settings tap on the Help option above the About option.
- Select the option Report a Problem.
- Again select the option Report a Problem
- Now describe your problem as you want or you can just copy & paste the sentence “I am unable to use the Instagram Music Feature. The feature is available in my Country/Region but I still can’t access it. I tried my best to fix it myself but can’t fix it. Please look into the problem and try to solve it as soon as possible, Thank you”.
After submitting your problem to Instagram support wait for further instructions from Instagram. They will surely look into the matter and update you as soon as possible.
In the above article, we discuss some of the best fixes to solve the “Instagram Music Feature Not Available in Your Region” Instagram error. But if you’re still unable to fix it and want our further guidance on the matter. Then you can ping us from our Contact Page. We will try to reach out to you as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is Instagram saying music is not available in my region?
The reason is simple, Instagram is unable to get Music Licensing for your Region. And without that, Instagram Music Feature cannot be launched in your region.
How to Change Region on Instagram for Instagram Music?
You can easily change your location or region using a VPN while trying to put music on Instagram. Just follow the above guide to change your region and put music on your Instagram story.
How to use Instagram Music Feature on Instagram Stories?
Here is a short step-by-step guide to using the Instagram story feature on Instagram stories.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap the plus icon from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Story” from the menu.
- Add a photo/video from the gallery or click one to post on your story.
- Tap the Music sticker from the top.
- Choose the music for your story.
- Use the timeline to crop the music clip.
- Adjust the lyrical music sticker on the screen.
- Tap “Done”.
- And at last post your story.
- Easy Guide on How to Reverse Audio on Instagram
- Easy Ways to Fix “You aren’t eligible to use the paid partnership label”
- Easy Ways to Fix “Audio Not Working in Instagram Reels and Stories” Issue
- Easy Way to Fix “I can’t Collaborate on Instagram” Problem
- Easy Ways to Fix Instagram Filter Not Working Problem