Instagram is one of the best and most popular social media applications around the world. It has millions of active users that use the app every day. But with such a huge audience the app sometimes shows new bugs and glitches to the users. And one such Glitch that users reported recently is “Instagram Not Showing New Followers”.
Many Instagram users recently started reporting an issue with the app where the follower’s number got stuck and even when they gain new followers the number doesn’t update. If by any chance you are also facing the same problem with the Instagram Application and wanted to fix it. Then read the following article properly.
Here in this article, we will tell you some easy and quick fixes to solve the “Instagram Not Showing New Followers” issue. But before moving to the fixes we suggest you first make sure that you gain new followers. If you’re certainly sure that there is a glitch with follower numbering then check out the fixes below to solve it.
What Exactly is the “Instagram Not Showing New Followers” Issue
Recently on Reddit and Twitter people started to report the issue with their Instagram Followers. Many people started questioning “My Instagram account is getting new followers daily but is not showing on my profile. The count appears to be stuck at a number. Why is that?”
The problem generally lies with the Instagram servers so it is best to check if the servers are working properly or not. And if not then wait till Instagram resume its services.
The Follower stuck problem occurs when people gain new followers on their Insta account. but when they check it on their profile the follower counting keeps stuck and does not update even after gaining new followers.
What causes the “Instagram Not Showing New Followers” Issue?
There can be many different reasons why you’re facing this Instagram Not Showing New Followers issue on Instagram. Some of the most common causes of the problem are:
- Instagram Servers are Down.
- You didn’t gain new followers.
- Instagram App is Outdated.
- The Cache Data of the app is corrupted.
How to fix the “Instagram Not Showing New Followers” Issue?
Now that you know about the problem and the causes of the problem. let us start with the solutions to fix this problem. there are many different fixes to solve it but here we will only going to state the most effective and easiest ones.
Fix #1. Check if Instagram Servers are Down
Before moving to any fix the first thing that you have to make sure about is to check if the Instagram servers are working properly or not. If the servers are down on Instagram’s side then there is nothing that you can do to solve your problem. You have to wait unless Instagram restores its services.
To check out the working of Instagram servers visit the down detector site and search for Instagram. You will get to know the Instagram outage in the last 24 hours. If servers are working properly then move to the next fix below.
Fix #2. Make Sure You Gain New Followers
After checking the servers of Instagram next thing to make sure of is that you gain followers. Sometimes people got confused and don’t check if people really followed them or not. Or like one person followed you but another one of your followers unfollowed. That will also lead to the Instagram followers count stuck problem.
There are chances that you didn’t gain new followers that’s why your Instagram followers not updating. If you are sure that you gained new followers but Instagram is not updating the correct count.
Then move to the next fix and try it to solve your problem.
Fix #3. Check if Instagram App is Outdated
An outdated application may lead to many bugs and glitches. And Instagram isn’t an exception so it may be possible that the problem with the Followers count is occurring because you didn’t update the app. So to fix it you need to check if the app is updated and if not then update it as soon as possible and check if the problem is solved or not.
To update the Instagram application follow the steps given below:
- Open the Play store/App store on your Mobile.
- In the search section type “Instagram”.
- Now click on the first result in the list that appears on your screen.
- Check if the update button is showing up or not.
- If the app is available to update then click on the update button to update it.
Fix #4. Clear the Instagram Cache Data
It is seen that Clearing the cache data of an App can solve such minor bugs or issues. So it is recommended to regularly delete the cache data of the apps so that they will continue to work properly without any problem.
To clear Instagram cache data follow the steps given below:
- Go to your Phone’s Settings option.
- Find the option Apps and click on it.
- Now from the apps list find Instagram and then click on the Storage option.
- Select the option “Clear Cache”.
That’s it after following the above steps you will be able to delete the cache data of Instagram easily. Now that you have cleared the cache data restart your phone or the app and see if the problem is solved or not. And if not then move to the next solution below.
Fix #5. Reinstall Instagram Application
If you still aren’t able to fix your problem then maybe you need to uninstall your Instagram application. There is a high chance that your Instagram application is corrupted and you need to delete the app and reinstall it to fix the problem.
To delete your Instagram app long press on your App icon from the App drawer and then click on the Uninstall option from the menu. Now after deleting the app go to your phone’s App Store/ Play Store and search for Instagram in the search bar. Now from the list of apps click on the Instagram option and then select the option Install to Reinstall it.
Fix #6. Report the Issue to Instagram Customer Support
If none of the above fixes work for you then all now that is left for you to do is to contact Instagram support and ask for their help. The problem may lie from Instagram’s side but they are unaware of it so it is best for you to report the problem so that they can look into it.
To report your problem to Instagram support follow the steps below:
- Open the Instagram Application on your device.
- Go to the profile section by tapping on your profile icon from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three lines icon from the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- From the pop-up menu select the first option i.e. “Settings”.
- In the settings tap on the Help option above the about option.
- Select the option Report a Problem.
- Again select the option Report a Problem
- Now describe your problem as you want or you can just copy & paste the sentence “My Instagram account followers are stuck and don’t update even when I gain new Followers. Please look into the problem and try to solve it as soon as possible, Thank you”.
After submitting your problem to Instagram support wait for further instructions from Instagram. They will surely look into the matter and update you as soon as possible.
In this article, we state some of the best and easiest fixes to solve the “Instagram Not Showing New Followers” Issue. So if you’re also facing the same problem then follow the above-given fixes. If in any case after following the fixes you still can’t able to solve your problem. Then you can contact us for further assistance we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
- Easy Guide on How to use Before and After Scan on Instagram 2022
- Easy Ways to Fix “Instagram Reels Crashing” Issue
- Easy Ways to Fix “We Limit How Often Instagram” Error on Instagram
- Easy Ways to Fix ‘Please Wait A Few Minutes Before You Try Again’ Error on Instagram
- Why are My Instagram Messages Blacked Out? How to Fix it?