Instagram is one of the most popular and used social media applications around the world with over billions of users the app commonly faces several glitches and bugs like the Instagram Reels Crashing issue. Many users may face this Instagram app crashing issue while trying to upload a reel or video to their Instagram account.
But what to do if you face such an issue while trying to upload a reel to your Instagram account? If you’re also confused with the same question and wanted to know some quick and easy fixes to solve it then read the following article properly.
In this article, we will be going to discuss the “Instagram Reels Crashing” Issue along with some easy and quick fixes to solve the problem. But before moving to the main topic and discussing the fixes let us first talk more about the problem below.
Table of Contents
What is the “Instagram Reels Crashing” Issue?
If you’re facing this problem right now then you may already know about this problem but still, to make sure about this glitch let’s discuss it a little. To be exact this is an Instagram glitch that crashes the app when you try to upload a Reel or Video on your account.
The problem doesn’t occur when uploading a video or photo on Instagram but whenever you try to upload a Reel the app crashes and the Reel will not upload. The problem started occurring after the release of the app update but what to do about this problem? Don’t sweat about it anymore we’re here to cover you and answer your question that will help you to solve your problem easily.
What Causes the “Instagram Reels crashing” Issue?
There can be abundant reasons why this bug or glitch is occurring with your Instagram but below we listed some of the major causes that lead to the occurrence of this issue on the Instagram app.
- The Instagram App Cache files are corrupted.
- The Instagram App version is outdated.
- Your Instagram Application is corrupted.
- Instagram Servers are facing problems.
How to fix the “Instagram Reels Crashing” Issue Easily
There are many different ways that you can try to fix your problem but here we will be going to tell you the easiest and best ones:
Fix #1. Clear the Cache data of the Instagram App
Clearing app cache data can fix minor bugs like these so it is safe to assume that you can solve your issue if you clear your Instagram app cache data. If you don’t know how to clear or delete the cache files of the app then look out for the step-by-step guide below.
Follow the steps below to clear Instagram app Cache files:
- Go to your Phone’s Settings option.
- Find the option Apps and click on it.
- Now from the apps list find Instagram and then click on the Storage option.
- Select the option “Clear Cache”.
That’s all after clearing the cache data of the application the app will work flawlessly and just like before.
Fix #2. Update the Instagram Application
An outdated app may lead to many bugs and glitches therefore app developers regularly rolls out updates to solve such issues and glitches. All you have to do is visit your device’s Play store or App store and search for Instagram and see if the app is updated or not.
And if not then click on the update button next to the App icon and update the application to solve your issue easily. After updating the app check if the Instagram Reels Crashing problem is solved or not and if not then move to the next fix below.
Fix #3. Delete and Reinstall the Instagram App
If updating the app didn’t help you solve the problem then maybe your Instagram application is corrupted or contains corrupted files. To solve this problem you have to delete the application and reinstall the app again.
Sometimes there are permanent corrupted files that stop the app to work properly and cause many glitches and bugs. So in that case all you can do is delete the app from your device and reinstall the app again to solve your issue.
To delete the Instagram app from your device long press on the app icon in the app drawer and select the Delete/Remove option from the pop-up menu. After deleting the app visit your app’s Play Store or App store and in the search bar search for the Instagram app and click on the Install option to reinstall it on your device.
Fix #4. Wait for Instagram to Fix your Issue
If you’ve followed and tried all of the above solutions and nothing works for you then all you can do is to now wait until Instagram fixes your Issue. The problem might lie with the Instagram servers or from the Instagram side.
If that is the case then there is nothing you can do all you can do is report your problem to Instagram so that they can look into the problem and solve it as soon as possible. If you don’t know how to report your problem to Instagram follow the steps below:
- Open the Instagram Application on your device.
- Go to the profile section by tapping on your profile icon from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three lines icon from the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- From the pop-up menu select the first option i.e. “Settings”.
- In the settings tap on the Help option above the about option.
- Select the option Report a Problem.
- Again select the option Report a Problem.
- Now describe your problem as you want or you can just copy & paste the sentence “My Instagram application is crashing every time I try to post a Reel on my Profile. Please look into the problem and try to solve it as soon as possible, Thank you”.
- At last, click on the submit button to send your problem to Instagram.
After, reporting your problem to Instagram wait for some time for Instagram to look into the matter and solve your problem.
In this article, we state some of the best and easiest fixes to solve the “Instagram Reels Crashing” Issue so if you’re also facing the problem then follow the above-given fixes. If in any case after following the fixes you still can’t able to solve your problem then you can contact us for further assistance we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
- Easy Guide on How to use Before and After Scan on Instagram 2022
- How to see posts you’ve liked on Instagram 2022 on All devices
- Easy Ways to Fix “We Limit How Often Instagram” Error on Instagram
- Easy Ways to Fix ‘Please Wait A Few Minutes Before You Try Again’ Error on Instagram
- Easy Guide on How to view Instagram Stories Without an Account