Samsung is one of the major Electronics manufacturers around the world and one of the most successful electronics that is known by the name of the Samsung is Samsung TV. So maybe it is possible that you own a Samsung TV and suddenly you face a Samsung TV Black Screen of Death.
Now, what to do? How can you solve this black screen of death issue? To answer such questions today we will tell you everything you need to know about including the fixes of the Samsung TV Black Screen of Death.
So If you’re facing the same issues with your Samsung TV and don’t need to get it repaired instead of wanting to fix it yourself then you can read the following article and know about some easy fixes for your problem.
But what exactly happened with your TV, maybe while you’re watching something on your Samsung TV and suddenly a Black screen appears while the TV is still ON. You hear the Audio but the Video is all gone all that is left now is a black screen.
If this is the case with you also then you’re not alone there are many Samsung TV users like you around the world and there are also many fixes for this solution which you can try before rushing to some service center or repair shop.
Now let’s talk about some common causes that lead to the Black screen issue for your Samsung TV.
Table of Contents
Common Causes for Samsung TV Black Screen of Death
There are many different causes due to which you’re facing such Black Screen issue with your Samsung TV. So here we listed below some common reasons why you’re facing this Black screen of death issue with your Samsung TV.
- Bad Cable Connection: One of the most common cause for the Samsung Tv Black screen of death is poor cable connection. Loose or Damaged cables can be a serious problem and is one of the cause for the Black Screen of Death issue on Samsung TVs.
- Update Issue with Firmware: Firmware update issue can be serious problem and can cause such issues with your Samsung TV.So it is recommended to update the obsolete firmware of the TV to solve this issue.
- Hardware Failure: This black screen of death can also be caused by teh hardware failure. Generally this is due to faulty circuit board, faulty TV panel or faulty LED on TV. So it is required some professional attention to get repaired.
- Enabled Sleep Timer or Power Saver Mode: Just by accident maybe you’ve enabled the Sleep Timer on your TV. So you need to check it first if this is the case then you need to turn teh Power Saver Mode or Sleep Timer OFF then see if the problem is solved or not.
After knowing the main causes of your problem let’s move to the main topic and discuss some easy ways to fix the Samsung TV Black Screen of Death issue.
How to Fix Samsung TV Black Screen of Death?
Well if you’re looking for some quick solutions to solve the issue with your Samsung TV then there are numerous solutions on different Webpages.
Here we also state some easy and effective solutions that can help you to solve your problem. So below are the fixes to solve the Samsung TV Black Screen of Death:
Fix #1. Check for the TV Cable Connection
The first step you need to check is if the Cable connection is all set or not. Because due to the poor cable connection this issue may arise. So it is recommended to always check for a good cable connection before going through any Fixes.
To check if the cable connection is good check all the output cables connected to your TV If any cable is loose then Plug-in them tightly. If you’re having any doubts with the cable connection then you can simply Unplug all the cables connected to your Samsung TV and then try Plugging-in them tightly.
After checking and fixing all the cable connections of your Samsung TV try turning it ON and see if the problem is solved or not.
Fix #2. Update the TV Firmware
If your TV Firmware is outdated then it is common for you to see such issues. So we recommend you to first check if the TV Firmware is updated or not and if not then update it right now. This may solve your problem right away.
You can update the Firmware of your TV by following steps:
- Press Menu Button from your TV Remote.
- Go to the Settings.
- Now select the Support option.
- Click on Software Update option.
- Atlast select the “Update Now” option and your TV firm will update.
After the Firmware update check if your TV black screen issue is still there or not.
Fix #3. Check for your TV sources
The reason behind the black screen issue may be the external sources so to solve the issue you first have to check your TV external sources. So you first have to check all the sources connected to your TV that can cause the Black Screen issue with your Samsung TV.
The external sources can be your SAT box, Amazon, Cable box, Roku, DVD player, etc. connected to your Tv. So we recommend you to first double-check all the sources and then try turning ON the TV and see if the problem is solved or not.
Fix #4. Turn OFF Sleep Timer or Power Saver Mode if Enabled
There is a high chance that this issue is occurring on your TV due to the enabled sleep timer or power saver. So if it is enabled then your Tv will get switched OFF automatically again and again after some time.
So it is highly recommended to check if this is the case or not. If your TV Sleep Timer or Power Saver mode is enabled then you must have to disable or turn it OFF in order to solve your black screen issue.
To turn the Sleep Timer or Power Saver OFF follow the steps below:
- Press the Menu button from your TV remote.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Click on the Time option from settings.
- Now choose the option “Sleep Timer”and turn it OFF.
After turning the Sleep Timer OFF check if your problem is solved or not.
Fix #5. Check if the TV Input is correct or not
External power sources are mandatory for any Samsung TV to work properly. So the cause behind the Samsung black screen issue might be incorrect power settings or it may not be properly powered at all.
So to solve this you have to check and make sure that all inputs are set correctly and it is properly powered up. To check inputs follow the steps below:
- Press Source button from your TV Remote and you will get the list of all Inputs available.
- Go to the Input settings and check if all inputs are set correctly or not.
- You can do it by switching to all inputs in one go confirm every component is connected to correct input.
Fix #6. Reset your Samsung TV
If after trying all the above solutions your Tv is still not fixed then we recommend you to try resetting your Samsung TV to do so follow the steps below:
- Press the Menu button from your TV remote.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Click on the Support option from settings.
- Now select the “Self Diagnosis” option.
- On the Self Diagnosis menu select Reset option.
- After selecting the Reset option, you will be prompted to enter your PIN. If you had changed the pin, input the right pin and hit enter. Otherwise, the default PIN is 0000.
- Atlast your TV will get reset automatically and after the process is complete Turn ON your TV and set it up according to the instructions showing on your TV screen.
Fix #7. Ask for professionals help
After doing all the above fixes if you’re still facing the issue then there is nothing more you can do to solve it. And now you have to rely on some professionals help you can either contact the Samsung service center or try getting your TV repaired from local Repair shop.
Either way the professionals will diagnose your TV thoroughly and check for any internal problems and try fixing them properly. So we recommend you to try contacting some professionals for help if your Samsung TV Black Screen of Death issue is still not solved after doing all the above troubleshoot solutions.
In short we summarize all the solutions to fix the Samsung TV Black Screen of Death issue which can be solved by you at home. But if the problem is serious and you’re not able to solve it by yourself then seek for some professional assistance and get your Samsung Tv repaired.