Earning Achievements in games is one of the significant feasts for any gamer and Stray is no exception. Lately stray has become one of the good games that people play around the world. Players of the game try to earn different achievements and Scratch is one of that achievements.
Earning scratch achievement in the game isn’t a really difficult task but still, many players fail to achieve it. If you want to achieve the achievements in the game then all you need to do is reach a certain level in the game.
And it can only be done by playing the game for some time. Scratch achievement isn’t any exception to get it all you need to do is reach chapter 10 in the game. But if you’ve reached chapter 10 and still don’t get the achievement then you may want to fix the “Stray Scratch Achievement not working” problem.
If so then you’re at the right stop here in this article we will be going to tell you how you can fix the issue “Stray Scratch Achievement not working” easily. But before talking about the fixes let’s first discuss how to obtain or achieve the Scratch achievement in Stray.
Table of Contents
How to Get Scratch Achievement in Stray?
Achieving Scratch achievement in the Stray game isn’t so complicated task but the first thing you need to make sure of is that you’ve reached chapter 10 of the game. If you’re not there yet then play the game some more until you reach chapter 10.
After reaching chapter 10 you need to move to the Nightclub that you will find at the end of the chapter. After reaching the club all you have to do is scratch a vinyl record that you find there. If you’re still confused about obtaining the Scratch achievement then follow the steps below:
- Launch Stray Game on your PC or PlayStation.
- Play the game until you reach chapter 10 in the game.
- After reaching chapter 10 head to the Nightclub.
- Head down the alley on the right side of the building and look up.
- Behind the alley, there will be a Robot sitting and swinging its legs on a rooftop.
- There you will get to see a path that will lead you to the rooftop where the Robot is sitting.
- Follow the visible path and reach to Rooftop.
- After reaching the Rooftop go behind the robot and there you will see a path leading up to an open side window of the club.
- At the open window of the Club, you will see a Robot sticking his head out of the window.
- Interact with the robot, and it will grant you permission to get into the nightclub.
- After entering the Club head straight to the back of the Nightclub, where there will be a vinyl record sitting on a table.
- Pick up the record and head to the DJ booth on Stage.
- Now, put the record on the table, and then you will see the option to scratch it.
- Select the option and scratch the record.
- Once you’ve done this, you will be able to complete the scratch achievement In the Stray game.
After following all the above steps you will be able to obtain the Scratch Achievement on the Stray game successfully. But in any case, if you won’t able to get it or face the “Stray Scratch Achievement not Working” then keep reading the following article.
What Causes the “Stray Scratch Achievement Not Working” Issue?
There can be many different reasons why Scratch Achievement isn’t working on your Stray game and some of the most common causes are:
- Corrupt Game Files.
- Stray is outdated.
- Server Problem or Temporary Glitch.
- PC peripherals Integration problem.
How to Fix the “Stray Scratch Achievement Not Working” Problem?
In the above section, we discuss some of the main reasons that may lead to this problem in the Stray game. And to fix these causes you have to follow the below guide if one solution doesn’t work for you then move to another.
Fix #1. Verify the Game Files
The issue might be caused due the presence of corrupt files and to solve this issue you have to verify the game files. Follow the steps below to fix this problem and obtain Scratch Achievement successfully in the Stray game.
- Open the Steam app on your PC.
- Go to your installed games by clicking on the Library option.
- Right-click on the Stray game.
- From the pop-up menu select the option “Properties”.
- Now from the properties menu select the option local files from the left and then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Press the Power button and switch OFF your console.
- Do not enter Rest Mode.
- Look at the power light on your PS4/PS5 after it stops blinking, unplug the power cord from the back of your console.
- Now wait for at least 30 seconds and then turn ON your PS4/PS5 console.
Fix #2. Update Stray
The problem may be caused due to the outdated version of the game. If you think this is the case then follow the steps below to update the game on your PC:
- Open the Steam app on your PC.
- Click on the Library option from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Right Click on Stray and go to the option Manage and then click on Properties.
- Then click on the updates tab.
- Now, click on Always Keep This Game Updated.
- If your game is outdated then your game will start updating itself immediately just make sure you’re connected to an active internet connection.
Fix #3. Try connecting Console Controllers instead of Keyboard and Mouse to your PC
Another possible reason why you’re facing this error may be due to the bug or glitch developed due to integration between Stray and your computer’s mouse and the keyboard. And to fix such a problem you have to connect your PC with your console controllers and then try achieving the Scratch achievement in the game.
To connect your PS4/PS5 controllers with your PC follow the steps below:
- Launch the Steam app on your PC.
- From the top-right corner of the screen select the Big Screen icon to enter big screen mode.
- After that click on Settings from the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the settings option select “PlayStation configuration support”.
- Immediately after clicking this option, plug the controller USB directly into your PC and make sure that your controllers are light up.
- Now from the bottom of the page select the option “PS4 controllers”.
By following the above steps you will be successfully able to connect your console controllers with your PC. After connecting them try achieving the Scratch Achievement again and see if the problem is solved or not.
Fix #4. Restart your PC and PS4/PS5 Console
If none of the above solutions work for you then there might be a temporary glitch or server problems. And if there is a server problem then you have to wait until Stray restores their services. And if there is a glitch then you can try restarting your PC and console to fix the issue.
To Restart the PC follow the steps below:
- Move your mouse cursor and select the windows option from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now select the power icon.
- From the menu select the option “Restart” to restart your PC.
To restart the PS4/PS5 console follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the button on your controller.
- A menu will appear on your screen with the following options: Enter Rest Mode, Restart PS4/ PS5 and Turn OFF PS4/ PS5.
- At last, select the option Restart PS4/ PS5 and confirm your choice.
In the above article, we discuss some easy fixes to fix the “Stray Scratch Achievement Not Working” Issue. But in case you still aren’t able to fix it and want our further guidance then feel free to contact us anytime. We will try to reach out and help you as soon as possible.