Bans in Discord may be incredibly frustrating, particularly if you believe that you have been treated unjustly by other users. When a person is banned on Discord, depending on the sort of ban that was put on them, they are effectively prevented from accessing particular features or from using the platform completely. This restriction applies to both certain functions and the platform as a whole.
Table of Contents
Users may be banned in several different ways on Discord:
1. Server Ban:
The term refers to a ban that has been imposed on a user by the moderators or administrators of a server. After being banned from the server, the user will no longer be able to access it or contact the other people that use it.
2. Channel Ban:
A user may be banned from a channel by the channel’s moderators or administrators. This is referred to as a channel ban. After being banned from the channel, the user will no longer be able to access it or contact its other users.
The term “kick” refers to the act of removing a user from a server or channel. This action does not officially constitute a ban. A user is permitted to re-enter the server or channel after being kicked, indicating that this kind of punishment is considered to be less harsh than a ban.
4. Global Ban:
A user may be subject to a global ban, which is imposed by the Trust and Safety team of Discord. As soon as a person is banned from Discord, they are no longer allowed to access any servers or connect with any other users on the platform.
5. IP Ban:
This refers to a ban that the Trust & Safety team at Discord has imposed on a user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address. Once a user has been permanently banned, they are unable to access Discord from any device using the IP address that was banned.
How Can I Get Unbanned From the Discord Server Using a VPN?
To get unbanned from Discord, follow these steps and utilize a virtual private network (VPN):
- First, choose a virtual private network (VPN) provider because getting a dedicated IP address may help you regain access to your desired Discord server.
- You will need to download and install the Virtual Private Network (VPN) program that is compatible with the device you will use to access Discord.
- If you haven’t done so previously, remove the Discord app from your mobile device. When you’re using Windows, navigate to Local Disc (C:) > Users > Admin > AppData > Local. Find the Discord application in your Applications folder and then relocate it there before clearing your trash.
- Start the program for the virtual private network (VPN) on your device, then restart it before attempting to connect to a server in the area of your choice (the closer the server is to your location, the more quickly it will function).
- Now that you have a fresh IP address, you may reinstall and launch Discord without any problems. The next thing you need to do is create a brand-new account. Use a different username and email address to avoid raising suspicions about your true identity.
It is important to note that for Discord to forget your prior IP address and location when you use the online version of the service rather than the app, you will need to delete the cookies that are stored in your browser.
Alternative Ways to Get Your Account Unbanned from Discord:
Getting in Touch with a Member of the Staff:
- Look in your direct messages. If the moderator banned you by employing a bot, the bot will have most likely given you a direct message (DM). This message may have included instructions on how to appeal your bans, such as a link to a website or a Google Form to fill out.
- Search for the name of the Discord server on Google. They could have a website with a convenient appeal form for the ban, or they might have a Twitter account that allows direct communications.
- If you are familiar with a server moderator’s username, send them a private message. If you do not use any of the same servers, you will have to send them a friend request.
Accessing a Banned Discord Server Via Creating a New Account:
Follow the below steps on your PC or laptop to regain Discord server access.
- You will need to sign up for a whole new account. Just go to the Discord official website, select the button labeled “Create Account,” and then fill in the personal information.
- After you have successfully logged in, navigate to the “Settings” section.
- Choose “Privacy & safety” options from the menu on the Settings screen, and then tick the box next to “Developer mode.”
- After that, look for the server you want to prohibit on the tab that lists all Discord servers.
- Use the context menu to choose Copy ID because you will want it at a later time.
- When you have the server ID, open a new tab in your browser and type “discordapp.com/api/guilds after that, add the ID of the server, making sure to paste it URL’s end part.
- As soon as you click enter, a compact pop-up ought to emerge, granting you access to the blocked server you want to join.
It doesn’t matter what approach you choose, if you consistently break the rules of the server or Discord’s laws, you run the risk of being permanently banned from using Discord. Therefore, to avoid getting banned from the platform once more, be respectful of both the guidelines and the other people.
Using a different account on the banned Discord server is considered to be cheating, and sometimes you cannot get what you want from moderators because they use their discretion when deciding, but using a virtual private network (VPN) to change your IP address and benefit from the encryption and anonymity level provided by VPN technology can be the safest alternative to getting unbanned from a Discord server.