So you’re using a Microsoft operating system and have seen an .exe executable file named SPReview.exe but don’t know what it means? or is it a Virus or Malware? well if you’re also confused between these questions then you’re at the right stop.
Here we will tell you everything you need to know about SPReview along with how to uninstall or disable it from your operating system. In short, SPReview.exe is an executable exe file that belongs to the SP Reviewer process which comes along with the Microsoft Windows Operating System Software developed by Microsoft software developer.
Well before executing or deleting this .exe file, you must be sure that it is a virus and is harmful to your PC. As SPReview.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
But .exe files are also considered as Virus and Malware files then means before making any choice to delete the file first you have to make sure that file is a virus or Malware.
Now, let’s move to the next topic and see if the SPReview.exe file is a virus or it is a useful file for your operating system.
Is SPReview.exe is a Virus?
To check whether the SPReview file is a virus or malware we have to perform some functions and then we will abe to decide the right thing. The file location for the file is:
File Location / Rating : C:WindowsSystem32SPReview
To check if the file is a Virus or Malware start the Task Manager, then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer than one of the columns. If the verified signer value for SPReview.exe says “Unable to verify” then the file is a virus but if it is verified then it is a legit file.
|File Type||Executable (.exe)|
|Software||Microsoft Windows Operating System|
How to Uninstall SPReview.exe?
To delete or uninstall the file from your computer follow the steps given below:
- If the following .exe file is a part of the software program then it will definitely have an unistall program you just need to find it. You can find and run the uninstaller from the following location: C:Program Files>Microsoft>Microsoft Windows Operating System >SP Reviewer> SPReview.exe_uninstall.exe.
- If the file is not a part of software program but was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Now search or find the SPReview.exe.
- After finding it click on it and select the uninstall option to uninstall the file from your operating system.
- Atlast after uninstalling the file you will successfully remove it from your computer.