Spotify is one of the best and most used Music streaming app used by millions of users around the world. But there are some issues and bugs with this app also like others one is the “Spotify can’t play this right now” issue.
Maybe you’re facing the same error with your Spotify app but don’t know anything about it like how to fix it. So we’re here today we will tell you everything you need to know about this error and also tell you several different ways to fix it.
While facing these error issues many users outlined that they’re facing issues regarding being unable to play songs on the web player. Some users may be unable to listen to the current track on the app. Others may be unable to listen to all of the songs or an entire album.
But how can you fix this error message and get back to listening to your music tracks? So to know how to fix this Spotify can’t play this right now error code read and follow the all steps we’re going to mention below.
Table of Contents
Methods To Fix “Spotify Can’t Play This Right Now”
There are numerous ways to fix this error issue from your Spotify Music streaming app but here we will discuss a few effective fixes that will definitely help you to fix you your Spotify App quickly and easily.
Following are the best methods to fix the “Spotify can’t play this right now” issue:
Fix #1. Log out your Spotify account and Login again
The easy and most effective way to fix this error issue is by logging out from your Spotify account and then logging in again. To do so follow the steps below:
- Tap on the settings icon at the top right corner of the spotify app.
- Slide down the list and click on the Log out option at the bottom.
- Now login again using your same credentials.
Fix #2. Delete Spotify Local Cache Files
If logging in again won’t help you then you must try this fix all you have to do is follow these simple steps below:
- Close Spotify App.
- On the windows search bar search “%appdata%”.
- Click on Spotify>Users>ABC (ABC is your Spotify username).
- Now delete the Local-files.bnk from the list.
- Atlast try reopening the app and try to listen the music.
Fix #3. Change the Hardware Acceleration settings of Spotify App
On your desktop app, Hardware Acceleration allows the app to run more quickly and smoothly. Spotify Hardware Acceleration feature will enable you to change your basic hardware settings. Hardware acceleration also personalizes them to meet the Software’s requirements.
By turning off the Hardware Acceleration the streaming quality will get better and the errors such a “Spotify can’t play this right now” will disappear.
Follow the steps below to change hardware acceleration settings:
- Open Spotify App on desktop and go to the settings option.
- At the bottom of teh settings page select the option “Show Advanced Settings.”
- You will found an option indicating Compatibility now uncheck the “hardware acceleration” box.
- Close the Spotify app and restart it again.
Fix #4. Change the Song Streaming Quality
There can be a problem due to the quality you are selected to listen to Music to change and alter the Music streaming quality settings follow the steps below:
- Open Spotify app on your Desktop.
- Open settings option from teh top right corner of the screen.
- In the “Music Quality” section, Change the “Streaming Quality” to “Automatic” or anything different, but don’t forget to lower it.
- Close the Spotify app and restart it.
- Try playing music and see if the issue still occur or not.
- Open the Spotify app on your Mobile phone.
- Go to the Spotify settings and select the option “Music Quality”.
- Now select the option Automatic and restart the Spotify App.
- After resetting the app see if the problem is still there or solved.
Fix #5. Update your Spotify app
The next solution for your Spotify error issue is by updating the app. Because app updates fix all the previous bugs and glitches of an app but if you’ve not updated your app yet then it may be a cause for your errors and issues.
So it is recommended to update your Spotify App from time to time.
To update the Spotify app follow the steps below:
- Open the Spotify app on your PC.
- Select Spotify then, About Spotify from the top menu bar.
- After that Spotify will show the current version you’re using and also show you if there is any updates available.
- Select Update Now option if there is an available update for your PC.
- You’ll see a message that Spotify has been successfully updated and that you need to restart to reinstall the new version.
- Atlast close the app and restart your PC, after restarting the PC open the Spotify app and see if the issue is still occuring or not.
- To update on your Mobile phone go to the App store or Google Play store available on your Mobile phone.
- Now search for Spotify app on the search bar.
- See if there is any updates available for the app or not.
- If the update is available click on the update option and update of the Spotify app.
- After updating the app open the Spotify app and re-check for the issue.
Fix #6. Disable Crossfading
Another solution for your problem is disabling the crossfading. By disabling the crossfading you will be able to remove the silent pauses in between songs and create a smooth transition of tunes.
To Disable crossfading follow the steps below:
- Open the Spotify app on your PC.
- Go to the settings of the app and then go to the advanced settings option.
- Turn on Crossfade songs in the Playback item and change the value from 5 to 0 seconds.
- Restart the Spotify app and check for the problem again.
Fix #7. Check for the Song Availability
There are some songs that are not available in your region and due to this reason, the song isn’t playing on your Spotify app. Hence, if you attempt to listen to that song, you will likely face the error “Spotify can’t play this song right now.”
To know the availability of the songs in your region follows the steps below:
- Open spotify app on your desktop.
- Go to the settings of the spotify app.
- Select the “Display” Option.
- Turn on the option for “Show available songs in playlists.”
- Now you will be able to see which songs are available in your region and which are not.
Fix #8. Change Playback speaker
By setting or changing the playback speaker on your desktop you will likely solve this error issue. To do so follow the steps below:
- Select the Playback Devices from the context menu of the volume icon on the taskbar.
- Select another speaker as the default speaker in the playing tab.
- Reopen the app and try to listen to the music that was previously unavailable.
Fix #9. Delete the app and Reinstall it on your devices
The last way remaining to solve your problem is by deleting the Spotify app from your devices and try re-installing it. By doing so you will clear all the cache and other bugs from your Spotify app and is likely to get solved by reinstalling.
Used by millions of users around the globe Spotify becomes one of the most successful music streaming app. There are a lot of bugs and glitches faced by users but there are also some ways to face and fix these errors.
Above we told you some of the most effective ways to solve the “Spotify can’t play this right now” Error issue from your Spotify app on your devices.